I love soup on a crisp, fall day. I especially love lentil soup. There’s nothing quite like warming up with a bowl of yummy wholesomeness! If you too could use a bit of warming up, give this French Lentil Soup a try!
French Lentil Soup
Servings: Makes 6
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cup chopped organic onions
- 1 cup chopped organic celery stalks plus chopped celery leaves for garnish
- 1 cup chopped organic carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or more depending on how thick you like it)
- 1 1/4 cups lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced organic tomatoes in juice
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
Heat oil in heavy large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, carrots, and garlic; sauté until vegetables begin to brown, about 15 minutes. Add 4 cups broth, lentils, and tomatoes with juice and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until lentils are tender, about 35 minutes.
Transfer 2 cups soup (mostly solids) to blender and puree until smooth. Return puree to soup in pan; thin soup with more broth by 1/4 cupfuls, if too thick. Season with salt, pepper, and a splash of vinegar, if desired.
Consumer Awareness Guide
Our most popular class,
A Wellness Journey
is available two ways!
Click below to order:
For Active Participants of the GRM:
If you are interested in participating in the GRM, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org