4 cups peeled and cubed (one-inch) butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
4 large shallots, peeled and halved
1 (1/2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
2 1/2 cups organic chicken or organic vegetable broth
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Cracked black pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a roasting pan; toss well. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool 10 minutes.
3. Place half of squash mixture and half of broth in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large saucepan. Repeat procedure with remaining squash mixture and broth. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with chives and pepper.
Our most popular class,
A Wellness Journey
is available two ways!
Click below to order:
- CONSUMER AWARENESS GUIDE
Recent Blog Posts
- Quilting With Grandma June 18, 2018
- Freedom of Speech?–Not When It Challenges The Drug Paradigm June 17, 2018
- Fruit Smoothie Treat June 11, 2018
- Why Natural Substances Cannot Be Used As Medicine June 10, 2018
- The Journey Towards Wellness June 4, 2018
For Active Participants of the GRM:
If you are interested in participating in the GRM, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org